Important Notice For VISA-FREE Entry countries
Following the implementation of K-ETA from 1 September 2021, nationals of 112 countries/regions, who were eligible for visa-free entry, now need to apply for K-ETA in order to receive a boarding pass. K-ETA authorization is generally valid for multiple trips over a period of two years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. Application fee - 10,000 KRW/person (additional fee 3% of application fee may apply)
WHO NEEDS K-ETA?
- K-ETA is mandatory for nationals of 66 visa-waiver countries/regions and 46 designated visa-free entry countries/regions who can enter Korea without a visa. However, due to 22 Countries temporarily exempt from K-ETA (From April 1, 2023), currently, ONLY ① Nationals of 90 countries/regions visa-free entry is available and ② ‘Priority Entry (Business) Persons’ of 5 visa-free entry suspended countries/regions as exceptions can apply for K-ETA.
Nationals of K-ETA required countries, but exempt from K-ETA.
- Registered foreigners and VISA holders
- Dual nationality holders who have vaild Korean passports Members
- USFK service members (under SOFA), UN passport holders
- Aircraft and ship crew members, Transfer passengers
- ABTC holders (USA and Canada are not included)
Nationals of K-ETA required in principle countries, but who have obtained approval for K-ETA exemption from the Ministry of Justice in advance through request of relevant organizations by submitting list of names via official channel.
- Diplomatic or official passport holders
- Dependents of USFK members, civilian components, etc. (under SOFA)
22 Countries and Other Areas subject to exclusion: Countries temporaily exempt from K-ETA
Asia Japan, Taiwan(SAR China), Hong Kong(SAR China), Macau(SAR China), Singapore America USA, Canada Europe UK, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Poland, Spain Oceania Australia, New Zealand
HOW TO APPLY FOR K-ETA? Tutorials to apply for K-ETA
- Nationals of K-ETA eligible countries/regions can apply for K-ETA via the official K-ETA website(www.k-eta.go.kr) or using the mobile Application(K-ETA).
- ※ By using the mobile application, applicants can easily take a photo and instantly upload it.
- ※ Please keep in mind that the assessment can take more than 72 hours depending on the situation
- A family or tour representative can apply for K-ETA for up to 30 people at once.
- Please note that the information entered cannot be modified once the application is submitted.
- In case of submitting an incorrect application, you will need to re-apply for K-ETA. Make sure all information is filled in correctly before making payment.
Validity of K-ETA
- K-ETA is valid for 2 years from the approval date regardless of the number of entries.
※ If your passport expires in less than 2 years, your K-ETA also will expire on the expiry date of your passport.
- Please refer to the link (www.0404.go.kr/consulate/visa.jsp) for the duration of the allowed visa-free stay.
- K-ETA is NOT a visa. K-ETA approval does not guarantee admission to the Republic of Korea. A Korea Immigration Service officer at a port of entry will make the final determination.
- K-ETA Center is providing foreign language consultation in English, Russian, and Thai. Please leave your inquiries through the official K-ETA website [www.k-eta.go.kr – Notice – Questions]. (Weekdays from 09:00~12:00, 13:00~18:00 KST)
VISA-free Entry countries Korea Visa Portal
- The countries still eligible for visa-free entry are as follows. (Updated on November 1, 2022, 112 Countries)
50 Eligible Countries
|Europe||Spain, Slovakia, Estonia, Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Poland, France, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Greece, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Romania, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Sweden, Albania, Andorra, San Marino, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Monaco, Holy See, Ireland, Malta|
|Asia||Singapore, Guam, Palau|
|America||United States of America, Venezuela, Barbados, Dominica, Guyana, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Mexico, Nicaragua|
62 Additional Eligible Countries
|Europe||Turkey, Russia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia|
|Asia||Malaysia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Israel, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Thailand, Brunei, Hong Kong(SAR, China), Japan, Taiwan(SAR, China), Macau(SAR, China)|
|Oceania||Nauru, Marshall Islands, Fiji, Tuvalu, Australia, New Zealand, Micronesia, Samoa, Solomon Is., Kiribati, Tonga|
|America||Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Brazil, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda, El Salvador, Uruguay, Jamaica, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, Argentina, Honduras, Paraguay, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Grenada|
|Africa||Republic of South Africa, Lesotho, Morocco, Mauritius, Botswana, Seychelles, Eswatini, Tunisia|
|The Middle East||Saudi Arabia, Kuwait|
VISA SUPPORT LETTER Application
APAAC 2023 Secretariat provides a letter of invitation to attendees who paid the registration fee. If you need this letter for your visa application, you can request the letter by providing your information through the 'Application' button. (It will take 2~5 business days.) The APAAC 2023 Secretariat kindly recommends completing the registration before requesting the invitation letter.
Applicants can print out the invitation letter once the secretariat confirms and issues the invitation within 2-5 working days.
If you need the original copy of the invitation letter, the fee will be charged to you to send the copy via EMS. For more information, please email the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.